With over 50% of the Irish population now vaccinated and the vaccination programme progressing well across key UK markets, air travel is once again starting to reopen across Europe.
The new Digital Green Certificate which has been adapted by EU countries will facilitate safe and free movement during the COVID-19 pandemic within the EU
The Digital Green Certificate can serve as proof of vaccination, testing and recovery in order to waive restrictions to free movement put in place in a Member State on public health grounds, such as testing or quarantine requirements.
With this in mind, it’s now more important than ever to ensure your airport experience is stress free, comfortable and enjoyable for all the family.
When deciding on your long awaited sun holiday or short city break, Ireland West Airport is the place for you and here are the five main reasons why travelling from Ireland West Airport on flights to the UK and beyond makes a whole lot of sense!
- Small is beautiful! Being a small airport has never been more important. Ireland West Airport is spacious, airy and perfectly suited for the future of travel. Fly in comfort to 20+ international destinations without the stress of big crowds or large distances to cover. Perfect for families, friends and a more relaxed flying experience, ensuring your safety at all times.
- Even though we’re small we pack a big punch! The airport now offers flights to over 20 destinations including flights to destinations in England such as Liverpool, London (Luton, Stansted and Gatwick), East Midlands, Bristol and now offering new flights to Manchester and Edinburgh with leading airline Ryanair starting in September 2021.
- The airport is served by Irelands two biggest airlines Aer Lingus and Ryanair who offer cheap flights to the UK and Europe
- Car park to boarding gate in under 7 minutes (yes we’ve timed it!). All our parking spaces are on site within a 2-5 minutes walk from the terminal – that’s right we don’t do shuttle buses! With our best parking rates available online from just €30 per week – we’ve the cheapest short term parking rates in Ireland!
- When you fly from your local West of Ireland airport, you’re supporting local jobs, local suppliers and ensuring our airline partners like Aer Lingus and Ryanair continue to grow their destinations from the airport – if that’s not a good enough reason then we give up!
Now that you know why you should choose Ireland West Airport for your next flight (and the one after, and the one after that) enjoy a 10% discount on your next car park stay at the airport - more money in your pocket for your holiday!