Part Time Health & Safety Officer (3 days a week)
Ireland West Airport Knock is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person for the following position:-
This position is a challenging Health & Safety position (3 days per week) which reports into Human Resources.
Working closely with all areas of the operation you will promote EHS awareness, ensure adherence to all regulations and promote best practice in Health & Safety.
The position requires an individual who holds a recognised Health & Safety qualification and ideally has at least 2+ years industry experience in a similar role.
You will report to the HR Officer or such person as directed by Airport management. This reporting situation may change as the organisation responds to ongoing change and business requirements.
Purpose of Post
To ensure that the company complies with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations.
• Collate accident and incident data for the site and associated trending analysis; ensure thorough documentation processes are in place.
• Promote and increase EHS awareness through active participation; gain the buy in of all management and staff in monitoring the effectiveness of the Safety Statement.
• Review all safety rules on a regular basis and where necessary, recommend suitable changes. Inspect new and unusual processes for potential hazards.
• In conjunction with the Property Manager, progress and implement the Company’s environmental policies and programmes as required.
• Ensure that all necessary safety equipment is issued and that the quality and type of equipment available is acceptable.
• Ensure regular inspections of the premises are carried out by selected personnel to ensure that the safety programme is being complied with and make recommendations directly to all employees in matters concerning health and safety.
• Ensure that safety issues raised by the staff are discussed and addressed to satisfaction.
• Influence behavioral attitudes to safety and environment at all levels within the company.
• Promote communication between management and staff on EHS issues both formally and informally.
• Carry out all different types of occupational assessments and associated reporting, ascertain if new employees have any disability or illness, which could prevent them carrying out certain operations safely or require additional protective measures.
• Develop and maintain the sites risk assessment program.
• Be familiar with the regulations applicable to the work in which staff are engaged and enforce compliance with these regulations.
• Ensure employees are issued with, and use, any protective clothing or equipment as required.
• Incorporate safety instructions in routine orders and see that they are obeyed.
• Prepare and deliver all types of EHS related training where competent.
• Support all departments in project orientated work from an EHS perspective.
• Carry out other duties that maybe assigned by your manager.
The above list is not exhaustive and we expect to see a demonstration of the jobholder’s individuality, innovativeness and use of their particular skills as appropriate.
The position requires an individual who:-
• Holds a recognised Health & Safety qualification
• Has at least 2+ years industry experience in a similar role
• Has a minimum of 1 years experience with training employees on health, safety and environmental issues
• Is a self-motivated, self-starter who demonstrates consistent “can do approach”
• Has the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
• Is reliable, trustworthy, dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and achieving company results
• Is an effective communicator at all levels both inside and outside the organisation
• Has good problem solving and analytical skills
• Has the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Computer Literacy is essential
To apply, please send a covering letter together with your CV to:-
Jo Moyles, HR Administrator, Ireland West Airport Knock, Charlestown, Co. Mayo
E-mail: [email protected]