Ireland West Airport Knock have two opportunities available for Part-time Catering Assistants. These positions are immediately available.
- The performance of all day tasks assigned to you associated with the preparation and service of food.
- Carry out cleaning and other hygiene related activities associated with the catering facilities to ensure the facility is maintained to the required standard
- Ensure that all cash etc is handled and reconciled in accordance with company policy
- Ensure that any Food Safety/Quality record keeping assigned to you is completed in a timely fashion and in a manner directed
- Ensure that all food storage and handling complies with food hygiene regulations and that an F.I.F.O stock rotation system is being followed
- Ensure all equipment associated with the operation of the Catering department is utilised in a safe manner and in accordance with training received
- Observe manual handling and other safety regulations when lifting, pulling or carrying any heavy loads
- Ensure that appropriate PPE is worn when using any chemical products
- Inform the Catering Supervisor of any accidents/incidents which take place and assist in any way necessary in the investigation of plans to prevent re-occurrence
- Ensure that hygiene standards, including uniform and personal hygiene, are maintained at a high standard
- Ensure that you are familiar with your role as detailed in the Emergency Crash Orders and Security Contingency Plans
- Actively participate in company wide interdepartmental activities to develop and improve the physical and social environment of the Airport
- Demonstrate an ongoing awareness of the need to control costs and take action to reduce and minimise waste.
The position requires an individual who:
- Has the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a focused team
- Is a self-motivated, self-starter who demonstrates a consistent "can do" approach
- Is reliable, trustworthy and dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and achieving company results
- Has the ability to work flexible hours (shift work)
- Experience in a similar role and H.A.C.C.P knowledge is an advantage but not essential
To apply, please email or post in your CV and covering letter to Trina Tiernan in HR at Ireland West Airport Knock, Charlestown, Co. Mayo or email your CV to [email protected]