You will report to the Head of Technical Services. This reporting situation may change as the organisation responds to ongoing change and business requirements.
Working as part of a team the purpose is to ensure that the Technical Services Department provides high quality Aerodrome Technical/Engineering services in conjunction with efficient and cost effective I.T. support.
• Day to day support on all aspects of the Aerodrome Technical Services Department
• Become proficient in use and maintenance of all navigational aids and systems. Ensure their compliance with statutory and Irish Aviation Authority requirements and maintain to international standards & recommended practices.
• Ensure all equipment associated with the operation of the Aerodrome Technical Department is maintained including log keeping and records.
• Compliance with all Health & Safety Legislation and report all accidents and incidents to your manager who will ensure they are fully investigated and corrective action is taken to prevent reoccurrence.
• Undertake to acquire new disciples and skills pertinent to the role.
• Ensure network and server remains stable, secure and operating at optimum performance.
• Provide dedicated support to users of the computing facilities through; telephone support, desk side assistance and remote support.
• Ensure that every employee issue is logged and responded to in a timely manner. Prioritise and manage several open cases at one time.
• Setting up new users, changing users and removing users. Inducting new staff on IT systems
• Liaise on an ongoing basis with the external IT support company.
• Provide support to keep airport website updated in conjunction with marketing department.
• Troubleshoot system and network problems; Diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
• Keeping inventory of hardware and maintenance records.
• Keep abreast of IT technology, maintain reference library of information.
• Have the ability to extend and add hardware to existing systems while ensuring all software is properly licensed
Suitable applicants will have:
• Third level qualification in electronic communications. In addition some training in IT or computers is a distinct advantage however training can be provided to up-skill in this area if required.
• Potential applicants are required to have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the following: MF Transmitters; VHF Transmitters/Receivers and general VHF Principles; Antennae and Propagation principles; S.W.R. Measurement, Mod.depth analysis and calculations; Transmission line theory, use of phasers, signal splitters. delay lines etc.
• Fault finding techniques to component level.
• Understand and interpret circuit diagrams explaining function.
• Demonstrates ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent customer facing and customer service skills, professional and service focused manner
• Flexible and adaptable in nature, the successful candidate will require the ability to cope with varying demands on their time and experience and do so in a professional, capable manner.
Please note the following two elements are critical for the successful candidate for this position.
• Willingness and availability to work on a shift basis which will include weekends as per the roster requirements in order to meet the operational needs.
• Must be based and available within 45 minute commuting distance of Ireland West Airport Knock.
The above list is not exhaustive and we expect to see a demonstration of the jobholder’s individuality, innovativeness and use of their particular skills as appropriate.
22 Mar 2017 12:50pm
06 Dec 2017 10:29am
06 Dec 2017 13:59pm
06 Dec 2017 14:02pm