Purpose Of Post
Lead the HR and Health and Safety (H&S) functions in support of the airports goals and objectives which will add value and provide a professional advice and support service to all staff.
- Manage the HR and H&S budgets to remain within control of all spend in this area with special focus on HR costs. This will include setting and monitoring HR metrics and KPI’s to ensure cost management, efficiency and compliance
- Report on required metrics in a timely manner to ensure alignment and progress with the airports goals and objectives
- Drive HR projects, including organisation planning, performance management, remuneration and communication initiatives
- Proactively provide advice and guidance on, and manage employee relations issues such as disciplinary and grievance, absence, leave management and other key HR areas including recruitment and attrition.
Establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure:
- Maintain the OHSAS 18001 standard by meeting required standards, continuous improvement on those standards and successful participation in annual audits.
- Ensure a safe, healthy workplace which is in full compliance with all safety and environmental, regulatory and company requirements, with commitment to continuous improvement
- Compliance with all national and EU Health and Safety legislation
- Proper and timely assessment of risks to health and safety, and implementation of measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the assessments
- Manage external H&S consultancy services and contractors where required
- The ideal candidate will hold a degree in a HR or related discipline and a CIPD qualification is desirable
- Practical health and safety experience and a related qualification are a distinct advantage
- Employee relations experience, in particular working in a unionised environment is required
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant post qualification experience in a dynamic, diverse operational and commercial environment
- A people person with excellent communication skills and the demonstrated ability to build solid relationships at all levels
- Good project management skills and demonstrated ability to consistently drive forward new projects and innovations to improve the HR and H&S functions
- A self-motivated, driven person who is dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and achieving results.
If you wish to apply please contact us via the following and enclose a copy of your CV:
- Email – [email protected]
- Post: HR Department, Ireland West Airport Knock, Charlestown, Co. Mayo
- Phone: 094-936 8100
Clsing date for applications is Friday 15th March